Hiya, if you have been following me on my social media you may have noticed my posts about the new Cricut Explore Design Space iPad App now being available. Just to say at the start though this app will only work if your Explore has the wifi/bluetooth adaptor or it is the new Explore Air which has it built in. This App is different to previous Design Space App in that it is firstly, being launched in more countries and secondly, it has full design capabilities rather than just being able to do the make it now projects.
So this video is going to show you Cricut Explore Design Space iPad App Installation, which includes showing you how to update both the plug-in on your computer and the firmware your machine.
So a quick breakdown of what we did:
- Go to App Store on iPad and search Cricut Design Space
- Click Get, then Install. The App is free to download.
- Once installed, go to iPad settings, Bluetooth, then wait for iPad to find Bluetooth of your Explore (make sure your Explore is switched on)
- Once it has found it click on the Explore’s name and then enter the pin code 0000
- Click Pair, this then should pair your iPad with the Explore and you will see it says connected once it has paired.
You now need to go to you PC or Mac and update both the plugin (design space) and the firmware (the cricut explore machine). I found the easiest way to do that was to attempt to do a cut and each time, as you saw in the video it directed me that an update was required and what to do. Now this is all done your iPad app should now work fine and be able to ‘talk’ to your Explore. I suggest you do a test cut as I did just to be sure it is working good.
I hope you found this video and post useful and will soon be enjoying using your app ! But for now hugs and have a great craft day,